Santa Rosa Junior College offers a wide variety of online courses as well as online certificates and degrees (https://de.santarosa.edu/online-degrees-certificates). Online courses provide an alternative to traditional instruction and allow students to access learning any time anywhere with computers or mobile devices that have access to the Internet. All courses are taught by SRJC faculty within the Canvas course management system, and all units, certificates, and degrees are awarded by SRJC. Online learning courses have the same rigor and quality as other classes at the College, but the methods of instruction are customized to the online environment.
Distance Education at Santa Rosa Junior College (https://de.santarosa.edu/), hosts online, hybrid (51-99% of class meetings are online) and blended (1-50% online) courses. All online and hybrid classes at SRJC include regular and effective contact between instructor and students as well as rigorous student authentication systems.
The Distance Education Department assists faculty with the creation and maintenance of online classes and instructional materials. Additionally, the department provides tools and resources to support students who participate in online and hybrid classes. The vision for Distance Education supports the overall mission of SRJC with a strong commitment to student learning and success through:
- High quality, student-centered, interactive learning experiences in online, hybrid, or blended courses.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to learning that help students develop meaningful and relevant connections in their lives.
- Pedagogy which encourages critical and independent thinking and is responsive to a spectrum of learning styles.
- Flexibility in the scheduling of course offerings to meet student needs.
- Up-to-date and accessibility-compliant delivery formats which equip all students to be successful in an ever-changing technological environment. Online and hybrid courses are assessed regularly to ensure accessibility to persons with disabilities.
For more information about Distance Education and Online Learning, please visit: https://de.santarosa.edu/