- In general, the Associate Degrees for Transfer offer a streamlined process for those transferring to the CSU system. There are other benefits as well:
- Guaranteed priority admission with junior status to a CSU campus with a “similar” major;
- GPA bump of .10 or .20 when applying to an impacted campus or major;
- After transfer to CSU, guaranteed degree completion within 60 semester units at the CSU
ASSOCIATE DEGREE FOR TRANSFER (A.A.-T OR A.S.-T):
- Complete 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- General Education Pattern Option B: the California State University General Education-Breadth requirements OR General Education Pattern Option C: The Inter-segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) (In some instances the A.A.-T/A.S.-T will only allow for Option C, please be sure to check the specific TMC Template); and
- The Minimum degree specific semester units as required for each Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Transfer major.
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in all courses required for the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Transfer major.
The above requirements must be completed by the end of a Spring Semester if transferring in Fall. Also, please note that a higher GPA is generally required for majors declared impacted or in high demand - please check with a Counselor for more specific information.